Goethe-HLR is a general-purpose computer cluster based on several CPU architectures. The system was installed in Industriepark Höchst in 2019 and 2020 extended with GPU nodes.
- Cluster performance peak: 1,449.98 TFlop/s (with 472 nodes)
- Cluster performance HPL (2018): 958.67 TFlop/s (with 472 nodes)
- 622 compute nodes in water-cooled racks,
- Initially 472 at the end of 2018.
- thousands of CPU cores,
- 192, 768 or 128 GB of RAM per node,
- EDR and FDR InfiniBand interconnects (2:1 blocking fat tree network),
- a parallel scratch filesystem with a capacity of 2.4 PB and an aggregated bandwidth of 27 GB/s.
|Nodes||CPU|| Cores |
| Cores |
|HT1)|| RAM |
|412||2x Intel Xeon Gold 6148 (Skylake)||20||40||80||192 GB||EDR||n/a|
|72||2x Intel Xeon Gold 6148 (Skylake)||20||40||80||768 GB||EDR||n/a|
|139||2x Intel Xeon E5-2640 v4 (Broadwell)||10||20||40||128 GB||FDR||n/a|
|112||2x AMD EPYC 7452||32||64||128||512 GB||EDR||8xAMD Radeon Instinct MI50|
Intel Hyper-Threads per Node